v Attendance is on one of the most important factors in student academic success. According to state law and board policy, a student is required to be in attendance at least 90% of the dates classes are offered.
v Students who exceed 10% threshold for absences will be referred to the campus attendance committee for review and they are subject to possible consequences.
There are two types of absences:
1. Recognized (They do not count toward to 90% Rule)
· Dr. appointment with doctor’s note (Student must have been present for some portion of the school day on the day of appointment)
· Religious holy days
· School activity
· Medical screening
2. Non-Recognized (These absences do count toward the 90% rule)
· Dr. appointment with doctor’s note (Student is not present at any time of the school day on the day of appointment)
· Any other absence that is not one of the 5 recognized absences.
What to do if your child must be absent:
Ø Call the attendance office # 817-744-3240
Ø Send in note or email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 5 days of the absences. **This absence cannot be changed after 5 days.
Ø Absences due to a health care appointment. Student must return with a note from the health care provider within 5 days. **This absence cannot be changed after 5 days.
Ø In the case of chronic illness that causes the student to miss more days because of a continuing condition, a doctor’s no0te will need to be filed with the school annually.